We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach in NYC

Which New York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint-Jean-sur-Riche...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Beach in NYC

Hello!

I'm going to NYC (mostly Manhattan) for the third time next week with my two parents and younger brother (our age is 50, 49, 22 and 17). My mom would like to spend a couple of hours or even half a day at the beach, what would you suggest? Is either Coney Island or Brighton Beach a good idea?

Thank you!

Saint-Jean-sur-Riche...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach in NYC

Just to say that we actually went to Coney Island and the beach was wonderful! We had a great time there!

staten island
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach in NYC

Thanks for the update!

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach in NYC

Just out of interest how long a journey was it from Manhatten?

Saint-Jean-sur-Riche...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach in NYC

I think it's a maximum of 40 minutes by subway from Manhattan (and the subway is right in front of the entrance of the amusement park and really close to the beach). I don't remember how long exactly was the car drive but Google Maps says 30 minutes!

5. Re: Beach in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 11, 2014