We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days road trip from NYC advice needed

Which New York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv, Israel
6 posts
Save Topic
7 days road trip from NYC advice needed

Hey All,

I'm planning a road trip for me and my wife for her 30th B-day. I thought about Texas but it may be too far from NYC. She likes 6 flags and other amazing amusement park (yes, 30... (: ), water park, good food and nice views and landscapes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arik

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,846 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days road trip from NYC advice needed

What time of year are you doing this trip?

Tel Aviv, Israel
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days road trip from NYC advice needed

Thanks for the reply. This July.

Irondequoit, New...
Level Contributor
631 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days road trip from NYC advice needed

There are a couple of amusement parks off the top of my head I can think of, but your top destination should be Cedar Point near Sandusky, OH. That's about a nine hour drive from NYC. You could make it a slightly longer but break it up with a trip to Darien Lake in western NY, about 6h from NYC, then another 4h to Cedar Point. This will also give you the option of doing non-amusement park things in the Finger Lakes, including the many parks and waterfalls of that region.

Tel Aviv, Israel
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 days road trip from NYC advice needed

Thanks you very much for that. Do you think this could be a 7 days road trip?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 days road trip from NYC advice needed

I agree with mclee19. There is also a water park on Rte 5 & 20 in Canandaigua. The Finger Lakes is Mother Nature's Amusement Park! You could spend a week there alone!

Irondequoit, New...
Level Contributor
631 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 days road trip from NYC advice needed

Well, you could actually do a full seven days of nothing but amusement parks, big and small, all the way out to Cedar Point and back.

What other things do you want to do? Between the two places you'll be near the Finger Lakes, you could stop in Ithaca for a day or two and explore the parks and such near there (highly recommended). you'll be on the shores of Lake Erie for a lot of your trip, there's Presque Isle in Erie, PA. You will be right near Niagara Falls if you decide to do Darien Lakes Amusement Park (BTW, Darien Lakes is a decent concert venue, I'm going out there for a show on July 18 that I'm really looking forward to). Could come up with a bit more....

7. Re: 7 days road trip from NYC advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 25, 2014