We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel accommodation for a family of 4....

Which New York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
547 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel accommodation for a family of 4....

Hi,

I have been recommended the Salisbury Hotel in NY by 2 people in Australia who have stayed there!!! I was wondering what you locals think of it?!!!! They recommended it for its great location. I have a 15 and 11 year old and this is the last part of our trip before heading home.....

Any other suggestions would be appreciated....

Many, many thanks...

Albury, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel accommodation for a family of 4....

Sharyn,I to have 2 kids and 2 adults visiting ny in July,I have booked the affinia ny as it has 2 double beds and a pull out sofa and small kitchen area right across from pen station ,so I should have easy access to ny via the subway,I have researched for months,I have a friend visiting ny at the moment and staying at the affinia so hopefully it will be great.there are lots of places to choose from so hopefully I have picked well

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
547 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel accommodation for a family of 4....

Thanks, I will have a look at it....

Albury, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel accommodation for a family of 4....

Sharyn,I to have 2 kids and 2 adults visiting ny in July,I have booked the affinia ny as it has 2 double beds and a pull out sofa and small kitchen area right across from pen station ,so I should have easy access to ny via the subway,I have researched for months,I have a friend visiting ny at the moment and staying at the affinia so hopefully it will be great.there are lots of places to choose from so hopefully I have picked well.its the affinia manhatten

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel accommodation for a family of 4....

Hi sharyn

I like the location of the Salisbury better than Affina ....close to Central Park and theatre district with a subway on each corner to go uptown or downtown

I looked at The Afjfina too it's definitely more modern and newer and that's a plus but I'm sure the toms are not as big as what we got at The Salisbury . We had a suite which had a bedroom with 2 queens plus another room with a sofa . With teens we felt it offered more privacy . Depends on what your priorities are ?

I personally think the location of Salisbury is perfect to so much

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,360 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel accommodation for a family of 4....

This is the NY State forum; you may get more help on the NY City forum.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,560 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel accommodation for a family of 4....

Agree for more opinions you might want to repost on the NY CITY forum. But I'll weigh in on your question. Both the Salisbury and the Affinia Manhattan and many other suite hotels (there are other Affinia Hotels, the Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square, the Kimberly, the Best Western Hospitality, the San Carlos, the Beacon) have a range of rooms/suites from a regular guest room with 2 double or queen beds to a 1 or in some cases 2 bedroom suite with 2, 3, 4 beds and sofabed. The Salisbury IS in a good location but it's an old hotel with old furniture. Some of the others are much fresher. There are also hotels with more unusual set ups like the Tryp which has rooms with bunkbeds for kids. So in the end, it really depends on the ideal bed configuration, the prices for the dates you're visiting and what's most important to you in terms of location. Frankly, any of the hotels I've mentioned are near a subway which you'll need to use to get around anyway.

7. Re: Hotel accommodation for a family of 4....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 26, 2014