We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a suit for a wedding in NYC (Central Park)

London, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a suit for a wedding in NYC (Central Park)

Hello,

I'll be attending a wedding in NYC at the end of May and would like to rent a suit for two or three days, as we will travel to DC, Charleston and Miami during the trip too.

Do you have any recommendations for well-priced and stylish rental stores, preferably in central Manhattan? Am keen not to fall into a tourist trap. From other posts, I've seen reference to Baldwin's Formals, Syms, Jack Silver, and wonder if anyone has experience of these retailers, and would like to recommend them or others?

Any tips or comments will be gratefully received!

Thank you

Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Free Tours by Foot
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Night Tours, Food Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - New York
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
NYC Horse Carriage Rides
Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,857 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a suit for a wedding in NYC (Central Park)

Baldwin's is great. However, as far as I know, they don't rent suits, they rent tuxes and stroller coats, and I'm not aware of any other places in New York City that rent suits either. It's cheap to buy a suit, just buy one if you really can't bring your own. Look at the Men's Wearhouse, they're great for that sort of thing. They even do alterations in house.

2. Re: Hiring a suit for a wedding in NYC (Central Park)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 23, 2014