We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog sledding tours in NY State?

Philadelphia,PA
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Dog sledding tours in NY State?

My sister has always wanted to go dog sledding. I would like to take her for her 50th birthday in February. She wants to go to Maine, but we live near Philadelphia. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in New York (or somewhere closer to Philly than Maine!) that has dog sledding?

Thanks

Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Free Tours by Foot
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Night Tours, Food Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - New York
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
NYC Horse Carriage Rides
Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog sledding tours in NY State?

I know there is dog sledding up in Lake Placid. During the winter, they have a team that takes people on little tours on top of Mirror Lake (really short -- 5 minutes). I don't know if they do longer tours somewhere. I have also heard that the Garnet Hill Lodge in North River might have dog sledding available.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog sledding tours in NY State?

Go to Alaska and dog sled on a glacier. We were flown up there on a helicopter - lifetime experience we'll never forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog sledding tours in NY State?

goole and check out inlet, ny website

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog sledding tours in NY State?

i just checked out inlet. feb 19th and 20th they have a dog sled race but maybe they don't offer rides to the public.

Schenectady, New...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog sledding tours in NY State?

Is There a number i can call to tell me where dog sled tours are being

6. Re: Dog sledding tours in NY State?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 17, 2012