We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to Penn Station - non-stop shuttle?

Which New York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
JFK to Penn Station - non-stop shuttle?

Hi, I am travelling to NYC in September and due to negative reviews and advice on taxi's to the city I have decided not to travel via this route. Then someone told me about a non-stop shuttle to Peen Station - I can't find the info on this anywhere! Does anyone know about this? Only one I can find has 2 stops before hand and takes some time to get there..... Any other ideas greatfully received as long as it doesnt involves changes (ie train to bus etc). Thanks for your help!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,763 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK to Penn Station - non-stop shuttle?

1) You should post your questions on the New York City forum.

2) There's nothing wrong with taxis - you got some bad advice there.

3) You don't want a shuttle. There's a train to Penn Station - you take the monorail to the Jamaica terminal and switch for the Long Island RailRoad train, which stops next at Penn Station. That's the fastest route - a lot faster than surface transportation.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK to Penn Station - non-stop shuttle?

I didn't know there we a NYC forum - I just went into New York and posted - it's not very obvious.

My aunt who lived there for 4 years and travelled constantly I trust so i'm avoiding the cabs. I've also seen this advice in many travel books. I'm not taking the risk.

As mentioned, I really dont want to change when i'm on transport - back trouble and heavy suitcases not much fun.

Anyone know about the bus shuttle to Penn Station?

Thanks!

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
918 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK to Penn Station - non-stop shuttle?

Try New York Airport Service. They provide bus sevice from all JFK terminals to both Penn Station and Grand Central.

http://www.nyairportservice.com/

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,763 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK to Penn Station - non-stop shuttle?

"My aunt who lived there for 4 years and travelled constantly I trust so i'm avoiding the cabs. I've also seen this advice in many travel books. I'm not taking the risk."

If taking your aunt's advice means taking a shuttle, of all things, instead of a licensed, heavily regulated yellow cab, then I'm sorry, but I have to tell you your aunt's advice is not to be trusted. This is an extremely poor plan. What, exactly, did she say about the cabs that makes them such a risk in your mind?

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK to Penn Station - non-stop shuttle?

I agree that there is nothing wrong with taking a taxi. However, if you don't want to wait on the taxi line, you can take the AirTrain to Jamaica and take the LIRR to Penn Station.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,763 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK to Penn Station - non-stop shuttle?

And I've NEVER seen a travel book warn against taking a regulated yellow cab. Ever.

7. Re: JFK to Penn Station - non-stop shuttle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, February 03, 2011