We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying away from the NYC Boroughs

Dublin
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Staying away from the NYC Boroughs

I am travelling to NYC from Boston at the end of Sept for 4 nights. I have posted a few times on the NYC forum and alot of people are recommending the other NYC boroughs outside of Manhattan. I am going to be visiting relations in the Pearl River/Nyack area (I don't want to impose on them - there will be six of us - 2 couples and 2 kids). I would like to stay somewhere within maximum 1 hour of NYC. Can anyone recommend hotels, websites that would facilitate this and also allow me to make a day visit to Manhattan and also make Woodbury Common and Westpoint convenient. Can anybody recommend an area to stay that is pleasant, safe and convenient to stay in and also allow me to travel into Manhattan?

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,246 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
Niagara Falls Canada with Boat Ride...
1,093 Reviews
from $109.95*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying away from the NYC Boroughs

This is the forum for New York State. You will get more responses if you repost on the forum from New York City, found here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

2. Re: Staying away from the NYC Boroughs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 04, 2009