We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport issue

3 posts
Save Topic
Passport issue

Just realized my passport has a wrong date of birth and same passport has already been presented to the US embassy for a tourist visa which i was denied. ...I just got to know the age on this passport is not correct, I want the passport change and the question is would this change cause any problems with the US embassy since the old record is there.....what do i do?

5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport issue

If you can change passport, but without change the number passport, I think you will not have any problems.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport issue

You mean if I change the passport and the age without changing the passport number it ok

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,404 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport issue

You need to talk to the US Embassy. Why was the visa denied? Will fixing the Bday get you the needed visa?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,336 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport issue

Your problem is more than the wrong date of birth - it is the fact that you were denied. You need to determine if that is why you were denied or if there was another problem. Then see if getting the birth date corrected would be the solution.

Edited: 2:03 pm, June 07, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
4,085 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport issue

What - hey you have a big problem that is not a TA problem, you have a Ghanian passport with an incorrect birth date, well both those deals would result in a denial of a visa anywhere. A v quick look just at your TA history would deny you a visa to my neighborhood. Holy heck is the DJT effect that scammers just are overt...if that is indeed the case will any willing person please send me dollars, mexican pesos and/or dogfood to my TA address!!

Edited: 7:52 pm, June 07, 2018
Reply to: Passport issue
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted