We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shower at JFK?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Shower at JFK?

I will be arriving at JFK from an overnight flight at 6am and leaving the same day at 8.30pm on another overnight flight.

I am planning to go into Manhattan for lunch and a museum, but at some point I would like to have a shower / freshen up if possible.

Is there anywhere at JFK I can shower? Are there any lounges you can pay to enter if you are not an airline member? Or, are there hotels near JFK that would have a day rate (or even an hourly rate!)?

All help gratefully accepted!

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,288 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
554 Reviews
from $34.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
414 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Shower at JFK?

I believe (but please, I hope someone will disagree with me) that the shower facilities are for airline club members only (ie those holding business/first class tickets).

There is a place called "express spa" over by the Air France / Air Italia terminal (I believe it's #1) that have massages, etc so I'm wondering if they would have shower facilities. You can look them up on the JFK website and find out.

Another option, but not sure if you want to spend the $ would be to get a room at a hotel close to the airport, that way you can leave your bags there, freshen up and change in the privacy of your own room and then take the subway/train into Manhattan, but depending on the check-in times, you may be arriving too early.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Are you flying in from Sydney or are you coming in on a shorter leg (then I'd say, just do a freshen up, face wash, brush teeth, baby powder & deodorant!).

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,650 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Shower at JFK?

I know the American Airlines club in Terminal 8 has showers. But I don't know their policy on admittance for non-members.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
414 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Shower at JFK?

Here's the website for Xpress spa:

http://www.xpresspa.com/index.php

As I mentioned above, I know they provide deep tissue/swedish massages, so I'm pretty certain they would provide nice (and clean, I've had services there whilst waiting for three hours to board my flights overseas) showering facilities. You'll probably need to get on of their services, or maybe it's even worth a shot asking if you can pay to use their facilities.

I looked on the JFK website and the only shower facilities I found were all at the club level lounges (which what my hunch was).

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Shower at JFK?

Here's American Airline's list of all their lounges, what they offer and info on the $50 DAY PASS. They do have the showers at JFK.

aa.com/content/…AdmiralsClub.jhtml

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Shower at JFK?

Thanks all - that is SO helpful. Looks like I might just have to treat myself to a massage in order to get a nice shower as well :-)

6. Re: Shower at JFK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:26 am, August 25, 2009