We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roswell grocery srore

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Roswell grocery srore

I will be flying in to Roswell and then driving on to Alto. Is there a grocery store in the general area of the airport at Roswell or should I just wait until I get to Ruidoso? Thanks.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roswell grocery srore

The airport is on the far southside of Roswell. As you come out of the complex, you are accessing US 285 north. It is not necessary to go all the way in to the city, as there is the 285 truck bypass, which heads west and joins up with US 70 heading toward Ruidoso. Not much in the south part of Roswell, but industrial, and a few small businesses, and from the bypass west, not much either.

Your best bet is Ruidoso. Plenty of stores there.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roswell grocery srore

The one on map called Lawrence Bros. IGA was good in Ruidoso. I imagine the Thriftway/John Brooks is also good. Both on your route.

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roswell grocery srore

Thanks, Ruidoso it is then.

Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for Albuquerque, New Mexico
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roswell grocery srore

Been to Lawrence Bros. I thought it was good and modern. Think I'd stick to that. Finally found Thriftway on map and still would stick to Lawrence Bros. Not much more drive from there to Alto.

Edited: 10:21 am, January 17, 2014
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,074 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roswell grocery srore

There's an Albertson's store just 5 miles north of the airport - head straight onto S. Main St. The address is 1110 S. Main St. From there you can hit the main road heading west to Alto. I'm sure the prices at the Albertson's will be cheaper and you won't have to drive into Ruidoso. I used to live in Roswell and drove between the airport and Albertson's area lots - not really a big city - it's an easy drive.

Edited: 2:21 am, January 19, 2014
6. Re: Roswell grocery srore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 21, 2015