We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
745 posts
338 reviews
Save Topic
Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

Flying in late the night of Dec 6th and staying near the Airport (ABQ). Saturday, we're going to the NM - Univ of Cincinnati Basketball game at 2. Any advice on college bars/hang outs to go before the game? After the game we'd like to head up towards Santa Fe. Then Sunday we're going to make our way back from Santa Fe to Albuquerque. Advise on cool stops? Indian Reservations you can visit? Local little towns?

Thanks in advance!

G Man

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
745 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

Quarters looks like a go. Thanks again.

G Man

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

Quarters is an institution. In the late 60s and early 70s my Mom and I used to have courtside season tickets for Lobo basketball...(I was in Junior High). We would go to Quarters for BBQ before the game. Not fancy, but certainly authentic NM!

-K

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

Hope everything worked out for you. (Lobos rock! Sorry, couldn't help myself!)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
745 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

So i figured i owed ya'll a report back.

Our flight got cancelled Friday night because of bad weather, but we were lucky to get out Saturday morning. Arrived in NM and made it to the game (missed first 8 minutes). Pit is an awesome venue. Lobos definately got the best of us that day. Hit up a couple Breweries and enjoyed the Plaza in Santa Fe. Stayed at the Buffalo Thunder which is awesome place. Back down in Albuquerque, we stayed at the Hotel Parq Central. Did the Nob Hill area that night - Tractor, Il Vicino, Kellys. Had a great time. During the rest of my week after work we made it to some other breweries too. Despite the bitter cold, we had a great time. Looking forward to coming back out to NM in the summer !

G Man

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

Thanks for following through with a tripreport! One always wonders how things went for people.

I'm curious, what did you think of the Parq Central? It has been a hospital in one form or another since 1926, it is great to see it repurposed as a boutique hotel!

-K

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

Hey Gman, glad you had a good time here. You're welcomed back anytime.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
745 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

The hotel itself was really nice. Great lobby, cool they had a hot tub. Breakfast was awesome. But i got to say, there was a wicked smell in our room that appeared to be eminating from the fan in the bathroom which smelled like raw sewage. The place was too nice to say anything though. O yeah, and they shuttled us to Nob Hill also. We had a blast - looking forward to returning to the High Desert soon.

G Man

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

You hit some great spots. As far as not saying anything at Parq Central - it doesn't matter how nice a place is - something like that should most definitely be reported. I have had instances when staying at a hotel that something fairly major was wrong and wondered "how did the person before me deal with this?" ( a shower head that kept dropping down) I figure that folks think since they are only there one night, they'll deal with it. I think a hotel wants to know about such things so they can remedy it ASAP. Come back in nice weather, we'll help you out with a warm weather trip. come watch The Isotopes play baseball at our great AAA park, just across the street from The Pit..

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
745 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

Yep, i saw the Topes when i was there last April (it was still cold though). I'm supposed to be back in June or so and definately look forward to warm weather stuff... Topes again for sure and want to do Tram up on Sandia. It was just too darm cold for us to justify it last week.

G Man

20. Re: Help with New Mexico Sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 21, 2014