We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic conditions around midnight and 10am Newark Airport

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
114 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic conditions around midnight and 10am Newark Airport

We will be traveling into Newark coming from the west on Interstate 80. We are staying at the Ramada Inn by the airport 160 Frontage Rd, arriving around midnight. How is the traffic in that area at that time? We will have 2 vehicles and one driver isn't real thrilled about driving in traffic. For the drive home it might be worse, because we are leaving for home around 10am on a monday morning. I read threw map quest that this hotel can be a little difficult to find. Can anyone agree or disagree with this? Thanks for any pointers.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic conditions around midnight and 10am Newark Airport

I would forget 80 all together. I would go PA turnpike to 78. That will take you right to the airport. Plus from what I have heard when it was the holiday inn you would be better staying at the prison next door

Edited: 5:17 pm, October 09, 2013
New Hope...
Level Contributor
721 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic conditions around midnight and 10am Newark Airport

Not much traffic at midnight.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic conditions around midnight and 10am Newark Airport

I concur. I drive to western , pa from northern nj several times a year and i take the pa turnpike to 81 north, to 78 when i return.

Much quicker and less traffic then taking rt 80. Saves you about 30 minutes at least not counting traffic issues in NJ The only disadvantage is the toll from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg exit. Rt 78 takes you right to the airport also.

I also concur with Aers. take a look at the Hampton inn inn as a good alternative to Ramada

Edited: 9:00 am, October 17, 2013
New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traffic conditions around midnight and 10am Newark Airport

on the way home you will be fine. You will be heading west which is against the morning rush and by the time you get to pa you will be beyond that time. Just take 78 west to 81 south to the turnpike and you should be home by dinner time np

NJ
Level Contributor
600 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traffic conditions around midnight and 10am Newark Airport

I agree about taking Route 78. It's much more direct to the AP.

When you get closer you can check out the traffic reports. The best traffic in NJ is an FM station: 101.5 Two NY stations also give good reports on the 1's & 8's respectively: AM 880 & 1010.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traffic conditions around midnight and 10am Newark Airport

it's reversed 1010 is on the ones and 880 is on the 8s :)

7. Re: Traffic conditions around midnight and 10am Newark Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 20, 2014