We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Thrifty westfield, stick to Enterprise

Tampa
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid Thrifty westfield, stick to Enterprise

I have used enterprise for years, they have a great pickup service and never had a problem with a car. Last month I rented a minivan at Thrifty while visiting new jersey because I needed to drive relatives to an event. When I showed up they told me the van was not back yet (It was already an hour after I said I would pick it up). The lady told me it was sent out to get tires put on at their main office in East Brunswick. I waited 2 hours while she told me various stories, like it was being driven up as we speak, and then said another van was being returned, but when it showed up she said it didn't match the vehicle in her system, so I couldn't rent it. Basically I realized she was lying to me, and they had no van but I was left waiting there for hours. This was the worst place I have ever "Tried" to rent from. I have contacted their customer service and getting any help or a useful response so far is proving painful.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid Thrifty westfield, stick to Enterprise

And your point is?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,180 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid Thrifty westfield, stick to Enterprise

I have to disagree . We have use Thrifty in Westfield NJ and they could not have been nicer or more reliable.

Enterprise is way too expensive and not convenient in that area....

3. Re: Avoid Thrifty westfield, stick to Enterprise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 21, 2014