We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation options from NJ to JFK Airport

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Transportation options from NJ to JFK Airport

Hi folks,

I have a domestic 10.30 am flight from JFK to SF this Tuesday so will be heading to the airport during peak traffic hours....My wife and I have one medium size suitcase each and are staying close to Newport Path station . Is it best to per book a car service instead of lugging around suitcases through peak hors trains?. I know the trains would be a much cheaper option ...any ideas how much the car service would cost?.....any recommendations? what would traffic conditions be like? How early would we need to leave to account for traffic?

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,612 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation options from NJ to JFK Airport

You should probaly look into changing your flight to Newark. A car service would probaly be around $100

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation options from NJ to JFK Airport

Unfortunately we cannot change our flight to Newark, so have to depart from JFK...Ive travellent to Newark using a mix of taxi, subway and Path for around 40 dollars for the two off us so was hoping to do similar to JFK.......could be akward with the suitcases but at least we could get there within a set time by following the train timetables whereas taxi or car service we will be at the mercy of traffic....is it feasible to travel with suitcases on the subway....what routevshould I take?.....it too awkward then I will just have to cough up and use the taxi or car service...any thoughts?

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,612 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation options from NJ to JFK Airport

Unfourtantly you are crossing state lines

New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation options from NJ to JFK Airport

contact the hotel concierge and ask them what shuttle service they use to jfk

5. Re: Transportation options from NJ to JFK Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 19, 2014