We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see's and Do's

Lancashire England
Level Contributor
209 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Must see's and Do's

Hi All,

My wife and I (late 50’s early 60’s) will be doing a self drive tour of New England two weeks starting on the 26th September flying home on the 11th October.

After asking advice on Trip Advisor we have set in stone these dates and places and booked all accommodation.

I will be posting this on all New England forums for advice regarding must do’s in each area, please feel free to contribute and advise (taking into account the time in each place and travelling time)

We are seasoned travellers especially in the States and realise that this itinerary probably looks like a lot of driving and a whistle stop tour of some areas, but that’s the way it is.

We love short hikes (up to 5 miles long), nature, scenery, views, and nice homely meals.

We want to hike a section of the Appalachian Trail, leaf peep, drive in mountains and coastal areas and basically have as good a time in this part of the States as we have in other areas.

September 26th Arrive Boston evening, two full days, three nights.

September 29th pick up car and head to Portland ME one night

September 30th Drive to Bar Harbour ME three nights

October 3rd Drive to North Conway NH three nights

October 6th Drive to Stowe VT two nights

October 8th Drive to Lenox MA one night

October 9th Drive to Newport RI two nights

October 11th Drive to Boston return car and fly home to England.

All advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Les

NH
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Must see's and Do's

Nextstop, sh-h-h-h-hh. Don't share our "avoiding the crowds" secrets. ;)

I've got to say that for the past couple of years, during foliage season I seldom to never use primary roads during "prime time."

12. Re: Must see's and Do's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 30, 2015