We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Quebec City to Boston - Fall Foilage

Twin Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Quebec City to Boston - Fall Foilage

Please advice as to the best fall foliage between these locations October 2-12. Can cruise or drive. Willing to take detours because we have 10 days! Thanks tons!!!!

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,658 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Quebec City to Boston - Fall Foilage

I would definitely drive if by "cruise" you mean a boat trip down the St Lawrence River and around Nova Scotia and down the Atlantic coast to Boston -- the foliage turns color first in the highest inland elevations and then works its way south toward the coastline. Your dates could have you crusing the coast too early for the best color, whereas they should get you some great color in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.

I'd drive from Quebec City through Sherbrooke, Quebec into Vermont, then to St Johnsbury, VT and into NH, aiming for places like Berlin, Gorham, Jackson, maybe North Conway.... and be sure I included a ride across NH Rt 112 between Conway and Lincoln and north of Lincoln through Franconia National Park.... a great day-trip loop drive includes Rt 112 from Conway to Lincoln, US 3/I-93 north through Franconia Notch, Rt 3 to Twin Mountain, US 302 south through Crawford Notch and back to Conway.

With the amount of time you have, I'd establish a "base" somewhere like Jackson (great little mountain village) or nearby North Conway (much more commercial but with many more options for lodging (both style and price-points) and restaurants and then plan day-trip loop drives for foliage viewing....

Wherever you decide to stay, get your reservations made early (right now is not too soon) because foliage season is an extremely popular time to visit NH and many places already have numerous bookings made by folks who visited last year and plan to return this Fall.

Edited: 11:31 pm, July 06, 2013
2. Re: Traveling from Quebec City to Boston - Fall Foilage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 08, 2014