We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

Laval
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

We're going through Vermont & New Hampshire to go to Boston (we're from Montreal) & don't have much time to stop for lunch. Where is there a good kid friendly place not too far off the 89?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

Every exit will have signs for food. Since you don't know where you will be at noon, tough to be more specific.. i can honestly say it has never been an issue winging it on any US interstate.

Laval
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

Thanks. I figure I will be halfway through New Hampshire at around lunchtime, & by looking at the map, I see a few towns, like Lebanon, Concord & Manchester. I would like to stay away from the fast food chains like Mcdonalds, if at all possible. I appreciate the help :)

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

I forget the specific places but there were other than McDonalds around Hanover, NH.

Also, there is a great luncheonette in Woodstock, VT. Forget the name but right on main road about 5 miles off highway. Know you are looking to save time but if you took this short detour, you will thank me if you have never been here.

If you are as far as Manchester, then there are dozens of places just off the highway, near the airport. We stopped at a Panera. I am sure you can google the address.

Edited: 8:44 pm, March 06, 2013
Laval
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

Awesome! Thanks very much for the help!

belleville il
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

seafood in manchester nh if you can. for fried clams if you want to try the best - Clam King! 791 2nd St Manchester, NH 03102 . no fancy atmosphere but the best.

also great food for lunch at another place in manchester is Theo's. www.theosonelm.com/

belleville il
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

clam king - if you love clams and lobster

791 2nd St

Manchester, NH 03102

www.theosonelm.com/

Theo's also has great food.

these are mom/pop places - no big atmosphere but great food.

Syracuse, New York
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

My fiance and I did the same trip and we stopped off at the Creek House Diner in Bethel, VT, just over the NH border. It was a little off of the highway, but it was absolutely delicious!! I got a turkey sandwich that had cranberry sauce in it--and the bread was fantastic! It was so good that we hit it on the way back too--and in the middle of a snow storm, at that!! :)

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

I keep hearing great things about the Foothills Cafe in Warner NH (which is about halfway between Burlington VT and Boston) but have yet to stop and try it. Its on my list for this summer!

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g46255-d79…

Edited: 12:02 pm, March 08, 2013
Laval
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

Thanks very much for all the suggestions! I will definitely have some great options now!

Montpelier, Vermont
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stop to eat lunch on way to Boston?

Positive pie in montpelier