We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodeos in New England 2012

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Rodeos in New England 2012

Does anyone know if there are any Rodeos in New England in September/October?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rodeos in New England 2012

This is not exactly rodeo central, but neither is Maryland. There is a minor league rodeo that travels to smaller venues and professional that may spend a couple of days at larger ones. If you do a.search you should easily find if any will be around when you are. Only place with regular rodeo is cowtown in southern NJ.

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rodeos in New England 2012

Thanks, we were in Wyoming last year and went to our first Rodeo and was great fun!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rodeos in New England 2012

I don't think I've ever heard of a rodeo in New England. Teesside, was your Wyoming rodeo in Cody? I stopped there on a whim 40 years ago and was blown away by it.

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rodeos in New England 2012

It was indeed in Cody . . . . what a great night it was too!

Edited: 11:25 am, April 03, 2012
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,869 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rodeos in New England 2012

Agree that Cody's rodeo is a unique experience -- especially if you've spent part of the same day at the Buffalo Bill Museum -- certainly nothing I've seen duplicated in my decades in New England. Occasionally a local community service organization will pay to have a traveling roadeo come to town as a fund-raiser. But those generally happen on a case-by-case basis so far as I know. In years of traveling northern New England, don't think I've ever seen an ongoing, regularly-scheduled roadeo anywhere....

Some of New England's State or County Fairs include selected horse-riding events similar to rodeo events -- barrel racing, cow penning, team roping, etc... The Fryeburg Fair, just over the New Hampshire border in Fryeburg ME will run from Sept 30 to Oct 7 this year (2012). Their schedule of which events will run which day hasn't been issued yet (at least no where that I can find) -- but you might check their website (just Google Fryeburg Fair ME 2012) off and on so you can see the schedule when it's finalized.... Might we worth a side trip if you see something you're interested in....

m k
townshend
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Rodeos in New England 2012

hey, there are several rodeos in New England.

Painted Pony, Lake Lezurne, NY

Double M, Balston Spa, NY

Pond Hill Ranch, Castleton, VT

Glensfalls, NY

and more

check out the Pro Rodeo Schedule or the New York High School Rodeo Assoc.

lots of fun I agree.

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rodeos in New England 2012

Thanks M k - pardon my ignorance but I didn't think NY was in New England!

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,869 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rodeos in New England 2012

Tesside... You're right !! New York is not part of New England.... just Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut.....

9. Re: Rodeos in New England 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, June 19, 2013