We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Stops Between Seattle, WA and Whitefish, MT

New York City, New...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good Stops Between Seattle, WA and Whitefish, MT

I am looking for a good/interesting stop between Seattle and Whitefish. I'll be traveling with a friend and I'm just looking for something fun to break up the 9 hour ride. We're interested in the outdoors (parks, attractions), we like small towns, we like food attractions, we can do museums, we're very open! If anyone knows a good place to stay as well, that'd be helpful. I'll be referring to my atlas, but thought I'd get some human feedback, too!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Stops Between Seattle, WA and Whitefish, MT

Spokane and the giant red wagon would be a good choice. What route are you taking to Whitefish?

I think 9 hours is a little light. It is 5 hours to Spokane on a fast interstate.

Edited: 12:22 am, May 17, 2014
Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
734 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Stops Between Seattle, WA and Whitefish, MT

Coeur D'lene near Spokane is lovely. I stayed at the resort a few years ago with my husband. We loved taking the boat across the lake for dinner, hiking the nearby mountain and walking around downtown. Very reasonably priced resort as well.

3. Re: Good Stops Between Seattle, WA and Whitefish, MT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 20, 2015