We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay while returning from Jasper to Boise?

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay while returning from Jasper to Boise?

Hi,

I along with my family will be visiting Canmore, Banff, LL and Jasper from 18th July to 26th July. We will be arriving from Glacier national Park Montana, and will be going back to Boise, Idaho. I would like to make two stops en-route. I Will like to spend two nights at those places.

As I would have already seen GNP Montana, BNP, AB and JNP, AB and surroundings in my 15 days trip, what would be best route to reach Boise, Idaho, from Jasper and making two stops within two days?

Jay.

Mentioned in this post
Canmore
Canmore
Kananaskis Country, Canada
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Jasper
Jasper
Jasper National Park, Canada
Montana
Montana
United States
Boise
Boise
Idaho
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay while returning from Jasper to Boise?

I'm a little confused.

You need to get to Boise from Jasper in two days without stopping to see Glacier. Is that right?

Or is it four days altogether, with two nights at each stop?

Edited: 12:25 pm, March 14, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Boise
Boise
Idaho
Jasper
Jasper
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay while returning from Jasper to Boise?

My apologies for not drafting the question in proper manner.

My schedule is to start from Boise and go to Glacier National park. My schedule is GNP Montana (4 days), Banff AB (5 days) and Jasper (3 days). First visit will be in GNP, than Banff and than Jasper. I will return from Jasper and I have to go to Boise. Distance between Jasper and Boise is approx 1500 kms. So i need to stay at 2 different places, assuming I drive approx 500 km a day.

So which places are good places to stay and break the journey? As I am from India, I am valuing more the options suggested by experts/ locals of the area. As a layman I was considering Jasper-Ravelstoke-Spokane-Boise. I am open to more good suggestions from expert people out here.

Thanks and regards.

Mentioned in this post
Boise
Boise
Idaho
Montana
Montana
United States
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Jasper
Jasper
Spokane
Spokane
Washington
3. Re: Where to stay while returning from Jasper to Boise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 17, 2014