We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip attractions

Chicago
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Road trip attractions

Hello everyone!

I hope I'm posting in the right place!

I'm planning a road trip from Nashville, TN to Biloxi, MS on Feb 9, 2013. I want to leave early in the morning and arrive in the evening. I was wondering if there are any noteworthy attractions along the way that are worth stopping for. I've never been to the South before, so any authentic attractions will be very interesting as well.

Thank you!!

Liz

Forest, Ms
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip attractions

What are you usually interested in when traveling? If you like Civil War history, you may want to include Vicksburg in your route. If you like crafts, the Mississippi Craft Center north of Jackson is a good place to stop.

Another popular stop is the MS Ag Museum ($5 Adults) in Jackson for historical info, crafts, trains, airplanes and and area to walk around and break up the journey.

http://mscraftsmenguild.org/?page_id=2705

…state.ms.us/departments/museum/index.html

Depending on your route, you may want to include Natchez Trace Parkway for part of the journey, but Nashville to Biloxi in one day won't leave a lot of time for sightseeing!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,044 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip attractions

Great ideas from Gwyn. I agree not a lot of time for stopping to see the sights. Vicksburg is a favorite and could stop in Tupelo for a couple of hours to see the boyhood home, museum and church of Elvis Presley.

Vicksburg has one of the best Civil War parks imo- ranks right up there with Gettysburg. Town also has some nice museums, old homes and good food. We like Rusty's on the Riverfront.

3. Re: Road trip attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 27, 2014