We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minnesota snowmobiling!

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Minnesota snowmobiling!

I would like to take a road trip to Minnesota. Anyone know of any cool resorts?! Maybe cabins, or hotels. We would like to go snowmobiling. I would also like to hit the Mall of America. Since we are coming from Chicago, we don't want to drive farther than Minneapolis. Snowmobiling is the main attraction! I have been to Mall of America once, when we passed through to get to Canada. This time I want to stay and have a mini vacation in Minnesota. No more than 6 and a half hour drive. Minneapolis is about 6 and a half hours away.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,161 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minnesota snowmobiling!

I'm not sure if it meets your quota on how far off the direct path from Chicago you'd be willing to drive, but several options were mentioned in this recent thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g43323-i372-k69816…

Edited: 8:23 am, January 14, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Minnesota snowmobiling!

Thank you!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Minnesota snowmobiling!

Most of the cool resorts and trails for snowmobiling are at least a couple of more hours away. Brainerd area has a lot of nice resorts and I know Cragun's rents snowmobiles.

There are probably other places that rent near the Twin Cities, but Cities Edge in Shakopee rents sleds. Not a resort, but it's close to Mpls and they would probably give you adviced on trails in the area.

Edited: 12:17 pm, January 14, 2014
4. Re: Minnesota snowmobiling!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 16, 2015