We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Root River Bike Train HOTELS

Minneasota
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Root River Bike Train HOTELS

My family and I would like to bike the Root River Bike Trail this summer but we do NOT want to stay at a bed and breakfast. Can anyone recommend a hotel that would be near the trail, has a pool and offers a free breakfast in the morning?? Thank you so much for your help :)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
628 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Root River Bike Train HOTELS

Brewster's Red Hotel & Stone Mill Hotel in Lanesboro. Both offer a continental breakfast. Neither has a pool. There are other hotel options that would offer a pool if you are interested in being further away from the trail. We camp at the Old Barn Resort between Preston & Lanesboro. It has a pool and also a Hostel.

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Root River Bike Train HOTELS

You might want to consider staying in Rochester in order to have the pool and breakfast.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
1,041 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Root River Bike Train HOTELS

CountryTrails Inn in Preston is a basic hotel with pool and breakfast. Last time I was there the breakfast was not great so we walked across the street and the bowling alley had great food. The trail is close by and even though the hotel is not great, it's not horrible either. Convenient for a visit to the Root River Trail and surrounding areas.

Edited: 11:23 pm, June 10, 2013
4. Re: Root River Bike Train HOTELS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 12, 2014