We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's your favorite state park?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
141 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
What's your favorite state park?

I love hiking and have been to 32 of the 67 MN state parks. (I'm not counting the recreation areas.). My goal is to visit them all. I'm curious which of them others like and why.

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's your favorite state park?

Boy, that's like asking the cities folk what's the best hamburger - you'll get a long thread and a heated discussion going on this one!

Overall destination:

1) Itasca

2) Jay Cooke (will be better after rebuidling)

2) Gooseberry Falls

3) Frontenac

4) Interstate

Just so much to do at these parks makes them destinations in themselves

My list could go on and on by category, but these are my favorite and the few we continue to visit more than once. Enjoy the responses!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
141 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's your favorite state park?

Thanks, Bonnie! I was curious to see what ones were favorites and was hoping to generate some discussion.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
420 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's your favorite state park?

In terms of hiking I like the north shore parks best - Cascade, Tettegouche, Gooseberry, etc.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's your favorite state park?

I'm partial to Tettegouche.

I like Interstate because of the dalles and the scenery but it's hard to get immersed in nature there with all the people

5. Re: What's your favorite state park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 17, 2014