We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October 21-22 Weekend with 24 year old son

Midwest
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
October 21-22 Weekend with 24 year old son

My son has lived in Minneapolis for two years and while we live visiting him there, we would like to travel outside of Minneapolis for a little bit of exploration for a weekend. There will be 3 of us. I personally like getting out and being active. I would love an area within a few hours drive of Minneapolis where we can see beautiful Minnesota! I would really like a cabin or somewhere with a outside hot tub, fire pit and a view. I have looked at Duluth a bit and am interested. Any other suggestions? Will there be any fun festivals going on mid October that we might want to visit?

We are coming from Iowa.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Sue

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
839 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October 21-22 Weekend with 24 year old son

Your options may be limited. Minnesota schools are off October 19-20, so with a 4 day weekend, many families take vacations just as you describe & places book up quickly.

Midwest
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October 21-22 Weekend with 24 year old son

Oh bummer. That may be why I have not seen much availability on airbnb etc. Darn.

Duluth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
106 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October 21-22 Weekend with 24 year old son

Duluth is beautiful, but if you're looking to stay active such as hiking and biking, I'd suggest visiting the Northshore. There are plenty of cabins to rent, some right on Lake Superior. Check out the Superior Hiking Trail website for a map of the trail. There are sections that are great for day hikes.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
455 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October 21-22 Weekend with 24 year old son

Duluth is excellent- there is a bike path along the lake, plenty of restaurants, hiking trails, and the Duluth Traverse which is for mountain biking, hiking and walking! You can also go kayaking- check out the Visit Duluth website- which has lots of suggestions for things to do- I was there for a couple of days and didn't have time to do all the things I had hoped to! Have a great fall Weekend.

5. Re: October 21-22 Weekend with 24 year old son

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, today