We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Michigan / Huron / Superior road trip

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Michigan / Huron / Superior road trip

Well we have now planned an itinerary, but would really welcome any recommendations people may have for places to visit. We are flying into Chicago from the UK at the end of July. We will be staying six nights in the city first then embark on a road trip around the lake. We are sailing on the SS Badger to Ludington, staying one night there, before driving to Traverse City for three nights, then we have booked two nights on Mackinac Island. This is followed by two nights at Munising. We then plan to drive back via a night in Green Bay before our final night at Lake Lawn Resort in Develan. We enjoy walking, sightseeing and absorbing the atmosphere of places. So far I have on my list Sleeping Bear Dunes, vineyards around Traverse City, bike rides on Mackinac Island, Pictured Rocks and Grand Isle. Please let us have any suggestions for places to visit and things to do.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,856 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Michigan / Huron / Superior road trip

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g42424-i844-k73887…

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,191 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Michigan / Huron / Superior road trip

also, this TA road trips forum article:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g191-c183176/United-S…

3. Re: Lake Michigan / Huron / Superior road trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 29, 2015