We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - 3 Nights in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
111 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - 3 Nights in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore

Each year, my girlfriends and I spend a week in the summer traveling to a new an exciting destination. We all love hiking, wilderness, and water. Past trips included New Zealand, Newfoundland, Ireland, Vermont, and SW National Parks. This year, my friend suggested Michigan. I have to admit, I was not super psyched about Michigan when I was pushing for Iceland - but after an amazing week of hiking, sunbathing, boating, and camping, I realized that Michigan was just what the doctor ordered. The first half of the trip was documented on a previous trip report here: …blogspot.com/2013/07/northwestern-michigan-…

Our second half of the trip was at Pictured Rocks. I blogged it here: …blogspot.com/2013/07/pictured-rocks-astound…

Our activities included...

Picnic - Bridge View Park at Mackinac Bridge

Camping: 1 night at Woodland Campground in Grand Marais and 2 nights at Hurricane River Campground.

Hiking:

- Lakeshore Trail from Miners Castle toward Mosquito Beach and back.

- Chapel Rock Loop

- Au Sable Lighthouse from Hurricane River and Back

- Shoreline walking south from Woodland Campground

Boating: Pictured Rocks Cruises

We had an amazing time in Michigan! I wish we could have kayaked at Pictured Rocks.

Back to New Hampshire!

- The Freelance Adventurer -

http://thefreelanceadventurer.blogspot.com

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
National Parks, Parks, Bodies of Water, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Historic Walking Areas
Bond Falls
Waterfalls, National Parks
1. Re: Trip Report - 3 Nights in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 28, 2014