We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flint Bishop Airport Parking Security

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
37 reviews
Flint Bishop Airport Parking Security

I found a good deal on airfare for an upcoming trip out of FNT.

Can anyone comment on the parking situation including security and costs at FNT? Would you feel secure leaving a nice vehicle there for a week? How's the airport for convenience?

Thanks!

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
1,280 reviews
1. Re: Flint Bishop Airport Parking Security

Very convenient. Right off of 75; long term parking is close enough you can walk it quickly; if not, there is a shuttle. We have parked at this airport several times for a week and have had no problems. I don't think I'd worry about your vehicle. Small airport, very easy to navigate. Your DW and kids and luggage can wait for you while you run and get the car when you are returning home-all safe. We always park in long term lot, not economy. $56 week. Where you going? FL? :)

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Flint Bishop Airport Parking Security

DH,

You will love flying out of Flint. Parking situation is much like Traverse City. Very convenient and, as far as I know, very safe. We have flown Flint many times and have never had a problem. I would feel comfortable leaving a nice vehicle there. $8 per day. $56 for the week

Here a a link to the Parking page of their website. bishopairport.org/ParkingTransportation/Park…

You will like the airport also. Nice and small and a very short walk from the check in desk to security and then to the gates. There are coffee and other services past security and by the gates.

Hope you have a great trip.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Flint Bishop Airport Parking Security

I have flown in and out of FNT but have always been picked up and dropped off so can't comment on parking. However, the airport itself is very convenient. Easy off and on I-75 and easy access to counter,gates, baggage etc.

There is a small restaurant prior to security for sandwiches etc. Gate areas are relatively small and near by.

I think you will find it a much nicer experience than travelling out of DTW.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
269 reviews
4. Re: Flint Bishop Airport Parking Security

I haven't left a car there, but have flown into Flint several times. It has been handy, and we always felt safe.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,238 posts
5. Re: Flint Bishop Airport Parking Security

I've parked there several times. It is nice being able to see your car from the terminal. I have really not thought about security, but I don't worry about my car at the mall, grocery store or anywhere else for that matter.

Flint, mi
Level Contributor
795 posts
1,220 reviews
6. Re: Flint Bishop Airport Parking Security

I would think that security should be fine... probably better than that at Detroit Metro.

The long term lot stands alone across Bristol road from the airport (with shuttle service). Behind the lot is a huge railroad switchyard with no public access. Anyone trying to enter the lot other than through the security toll booth would look suspicious.

I would not worry about parking in the FNT long-term lot.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: Flint Bishop Airport Parking Security

Thanks for the info everyone. I was looking forward to flying out of FNT for the first time, but wound up booking out of DTW as usual due to better flight times/schedules. FNT certainly sounds easy and secure (not to mention an hour closer to me) perhaps next time will work out.

Sue, yeah we're going to FL...back to the mouse house!

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
1,280 reviews
8. Re: Flint Bishop Airport Parking Security

Have fun with the mouse, DHC. Nothing like WDW and two little ones who beam nothing but happiness at seeing the mouse. :)

9. Re: Flint Bishop Airport Parking Security

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 19, 2014