We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relocation/employment

st clair shores
8 posts
Save Topic
relocation/employment

Seeking honest advice,of all our tourist destinations,where would be best place to mve 3 teen boys heaviy into adventure and sports? My first choice is down south,but would prefer staying home here in mich. I am a waitress right now getting into real estate in future where is the most year round visitors and good schools if you have suggestions please

Birmingham, Michigan
Level Contributor
184 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: relocation/employment

Kind of hard to answer without more facts, but the Traverse City area may be a place to start.

United States
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: relocation/employment

Marquette. Lots of sports (hockey, football, etc.) plus adventure sports..mountain biking, downhill skiing, & snowboarding. Plus it's a tourist destination.

st clair shores
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: relocation/employment

Thank you. Basically need to work where its busy yr round and have outdoor activities for my boys would like to rent between 500 and 700 a month no need for anything fancy just conveient and comfy any info is grreatly appreciated

st clair shores
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: relocation/employment

Awesome thank you ill start looking there. Really appreciate the input all info is appreciated

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
472 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: relocation/employment

I would look at Traverse, Petoskey, and possibly the Grand Haven area....

Caro, Michigan
Level Contributor
472 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: relocation/employment

Oh, and New Buffalo has a college promise program for graduates!

st clair shores
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: relocation/employment

Awesome thank you so much

Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
980 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: relocation/employment

Since I'm a retired teacher from Grand Haven I'm partial to this area. Lots of outdoor activities (water and land) and excellent schools, both here and in Spring Lake. However, I'd check out lots of the smaller west Michigan communities along the lakeshore.

connecticut
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: relocation/employment

What ever you do, stay away from Genesee county area/Flint area. No jobs, not much to do...kinda depressing..It can be a nice area with friendly people, however, I do regret moving here because of the lack of jobs, even nearby in tour-isty Frankenmuth is tough for employment..

st clair shores
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: relocation/employment

Thank you was thinking about frankenmuth good to know workis as important as school