We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with place to stay...

Harrison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Help with place to stay...

Ok ..so this is my situation. My daughter is playing in a tourney in Byfield. So I have to get a hotel for that part. I will have my husband and two other younger children with me(11, 9) . They won't be thrilled with watching lax, but I was trying to make it more of a fun time for them too. I am sure there is plenty to see. Anyhow I need to be within 30 minutes of Byfield for that part.

After, my daughter will be attending a camp so we need a hotel for two nights with one of the days completely free to do something with my other kids. So I can stay a little further away if need be. I was thinking possibly the Cape Cod area/possibly right in Boston/ Portsmouth, etc. I am not sure what the big areas to visit with kids are.

I have never been to this area so I am completely clueless. I would love to do something fun with my kids the day we are off.

What are some really cool kid areas? Outlet stores? I am in dyer need of a hotel suggestion.

Trailblazer Tours Boston - Private Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Tuckamore Aviation
City Tours, Helicopter Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Ye Olde Tavern Tours
Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,778 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help with place to stay...

It is a quick trip of 20-25 minutes right up Route 1 or I-95 from the Hampton Inn in Peabody to Byfield. The hotel in Salem, MA is farther away.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help with place to stay...

There really is not much for kids to do around Byfield. The coast from Rockport to Portsmouth, NH is very pretty. Portsmout is a great town. Boston has lots to do. Otherwise not much else. Cape Cod and the Islands are beautiful, Good outlet shopping in Wareham in between Boston and Cape Cod.

13. Re: Help with place to stay...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 05, 2014
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now