We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2.5 days in Boston with a 1 year old

Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
2.5 days in Boston with a 1 year old

Hello! My husband and I along with our 15 month old are planning a 10 day New England vacation. We will be in Boston for 3 of these days. We will be staying in Framingham, and then driving and parking our car at a friends place in Brookline and doing public transportation from there. We would like to do activities that our daughter would enjoy mostly in the mornings, and walking the city/museums etc....while she naps in the stroller in the afternoon. Here is our rough itinerary:

We will arrive Monday morning/early afternoon 4/1 driving in from Newport RI and visit Boston Common/garden, trinity church, maybe some of the freedom trail. Then it will be dinner with friends and heading to the hotel around dinner time.

Tuesday 4/2: children's museum first thing. Afternoon is open. Will need to head back to the hotel again around dinner time.

Wednesday 4/3: was thinking about the aquarium, but with it under so much construction, I'm not sure it's worth it. Would love any other ideas to fill this time. Maybe whale watching or a duck tour would be a better option?

Thanks in advance!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2.5 days in Boston with a 1 year old

If it is not too cold, I would recommend a walk from the Boston Children's Museum to Fan Pier to The New England Aquarium and if you decide to go to the Aquarium then visit. If you decide against a visit to the Aquarium, your one year old might have just as much fun watching the seals outside. From the Aquarium walk over to either Quincy Market or the North End for a bite to eat.

Whale Watching will be very cold early April so be forewarned. I like the idea of the Boston DuckTour but again dress warmly.

Enjoy!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 2.5 days in Boston with a 1 year old

First, I would try and steer clear of trying to drive to Framinham during Rush Hour (4-6 PM). The traffic will probably drive you nuts. As far as activities for your daughter, she'll probably enjoy checking out the Seal Tank outside the Aquarium even if you don't go in. Whale Watching is waaay too long for her, and likely will be quite chilly so early in the seasn as well. You can take the Inner Ferry instead just to get a taste of the water.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2.5 days in Boston with a 1 year old

Great minds think alike.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,473 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2.5 days in Boston with a 1 year old

Yes, I would not go on a whale watch with a one year old. They go fairly far out, and it can be a cold and bumpy ride for a one year old, which could mean a miserable trip for all of you. Definitely the Children's Museum. Also, if you have interest, the Museum of Fine Arts is easy to navigate with a stroller.

5. Re: 2.5 days in Boston with a 1 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 19, 2014