We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

Mahopac, NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

The wife and I are planning a camping trip for memorial day week this year. We will be staying in Middleboro at the KOA. We would like some tips on things to do and places to go see being right in the middle of Cape Cod & Boston. We will be there all week so any tips on sites or towns not to miss are welcome!!

Thanks!!!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

We welcome you to do some reading on both the Boston and Cape Cod Forums for you to figure out what your interests are. When you've determined what you like, come back and we'll help you figure out how best you can do them. Check on the right for Top Questions and on the left for Things to do.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,149 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

Any particular reason you chose Middleboro? There's really nothing there. I've lived there before, I know. If you want to go camping, I'd suggest staying somewhere actually on the cape, like Nickerson State Park. Then you can tour around to various places on the cape. Then you could stay one or two nights in Boston as well. In the city, what are you interested in doing? We always recommend people walk the Freedom Trail for history. You could do the hop on/hop off bus or a Duck Tour.

Mahopac, NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

We chose it for the location between the cape and boston, we'll be staying the week and want to do day trips. We have 2 dogs so, will have to get back for then within say 8 hours so middleboro gives us more options for days out. What is route 6 to provincetown like? I know it can get alot of triffic at that time of year, will we be able to make it there and back to middleboro within 8 hours or so?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

If you are staying for a week & you are not planning on going the weekend you will be fine.Memorial Day weekend traffic is tough on the Cape.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,131 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

Going to Provincetown - Hwy 6 narrows from 4 to 2 lanes east of exit 9 and it can be slow going. From exit 9 it takes us 70 to 90 minutes in summer.

BTW, there is a great kennel in Ptown. Perhaps you could drop the dogs there for the day so that you can do all there is to do there, which is a lot. If this interests you let me know and I will dig up the name of it for you instead of dropping on here the name I just think it is.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,467 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

Take the dogs with you to Provincetown. Very dog friendly. They even have a dog drinking fountain at town hall. They will not be allowed inside indoor restaurants but if you eat outdoors they'll seat you on the edge of the patio so that you are in the restaurant and the dog is outside.

I have used the kennel that CCCharlie mentions. It is called K C's Pet Resort.

Edited: 6:26 am, January 14, 2013
Mahopac, NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

Thanks! Maybe the day we go to Ptown we will! Thats a great idea knowinf the the town is very dog friendly!! Thanks again!

Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

I agree about Middleboro- go to Plymouth instead. Lots of campgrounds and Plymouth in itself is a destination . History and nice beaches , plus you can take a ferry to Provincetown if you just want to go for a day. Just check and confirm that they will be up and running

Edited: 4:11 pm, January 14, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,149 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

I agree with Paula. And I don't think you'd really want to drive all that way in a day, just to stay a few hours and then drive back. Stay in Plymouth, or stay on the cape itself.

Mahopac, NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boston/Cape Cod whats not to be missed

Thanks, but the CG is booked already. We actually don't mind driving(I do it for a living LOL) we love to just wander and find little towns and such. Like I stated before, we picked there cause it will give us more options on day trips than just staying on the cape. Any little towns or places to see that you can recommend? We really love the country stores the we find!! Thanks again foe everyone's input!