We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Feb 09

Norwich, England
8 posts
3 days in Feb 09

Dear All,

As a 30th birthday present for my sister I am taking her to both New York and Boston in Feb 09 - flying in to NY for a few days then getting a train/bus to Boston where we will spend about 3 days.

Having only ever done Boston as a day trip - I did a bus tour, visited the Aquarium and Quincy Market - I don't know what other major tourist places there are. We are both into the more cultural/museum type places, we're not going over there to hit the clubs or the shops (at least I'm not!).

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: 3 days in Feb 09

First thing I would do is sign up for Travelzoo's weekly email specials. As a local (30 miles away), I have often found great deals on in-town hotel rooms and booked a room just for an occaisional night out. During the late fall and winter, Boston hotels usually start showing up in the "Top 20 Deals"

Second, I'd check out availabililty at John Jeffries House. It's a very nice, small, Victorian style hotel with very reasonable prices. As a result, they book up early, but Feb 09 isn't exactly right around the corner, or peak season.

If you opt to travel from NYC to Boston via bus, check out Limo Liner. They operate luxury coaches. And unless you are willing to sacrifice comfort and safety to save a few bucks, STAY AWAY from the "chinatown" (Feng Wa, etc.) buses. Some people swear by them, but their safety performance says otherwise. At least Google them for their history.

I still prefer the train.

You're going to get lots of suggestions about how to spend your time here. I suggest that between now and January, return to TA with more speciifc questions about activites, dining, etc.

2. Re: 3 days in Feb 09

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, October 04, 2009