We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Creek Lake Rental Question

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Deep Creek Lake Rental Question

I am looking for a rental property in Deep Creek this summer and I need some guidance on what location would be best. The rental homes are spread all over and I don't know if it's best for us to be near the State Park, near WISP, near the main road, etc. We will be two familes with toddlers. I probably don't want to be too far off the beaten path since there will inevitably be lots of trips to the grocery store/Walmart and we'd like to go out to eat sometimes. Otherwise, we are interested in outdoor activities, but only those that the under-2 set can participate in with their parents (i.e., more hiking and swimming than white water rafting or go-karting).

Thanks for any advice.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
240 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Deep Creek Lake Rental Question

I've been renting homes in Deep Creek for the past 8 years with a close group of friends (9 adults 2 small children) and have stayed in a few places.

I can highly recommend the Waterfront Greens community. It is a quick 5 minute drive from the main strip and close to the State Park. The Arrowhead Market (convenience store) is 5 minutes away as are the movie theaters, Uno's Pizzeria and Hon Bar. Walmart is 15 minutes in one direction, the local grocery store is 10 minutes in the other direction.

A lot of the properties are right on the lake while others are a few hundred yards away with spectacular views. The community has a 9 hole golf course and tennis courts. It's also on a private road so there is not a lot of traffic; ideal for kids playing outside.

Both Long and Foster and Railey Mountain Realty have properties in this community. My favorite home to rent there is called Forever Yours (through Long and Foster).

baltimore
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Deep Creek Lake Rental Question

We have rented up there several times with our family, which includes small children. One of our favorite houses is "Ambrosia" through Railey Rentals. Beautiful home. Nice covered deck. Level yard that leads down to the lake. Nice "beach" area (minus the sand), but the kids loved to play at the waters edge. Plus, we were in a cove, so did not get much boat traffic. Loved it! Wherever you rent, make sure you are not on the side of a mountain. We rented a long weekend once and literally, were on the side of a mountain that the kids could not even play in the yard. The operators at Railey are very good at telling you if yards are flat. Plus, go online and do the 360 degree tours of the homes on Railey & Long & Foster. We love Deep Creek and are hoping to return soon!

3. Re: Deep Creek Lake Rental Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, June 18, 2013