We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday River Lodging

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday River Lodging

Three of us (wife,husband, adult son) are planning a 3-4 day trip to Sunday River. Thought of renting a condo unit at the ski area, but they don't check guests in or out on Saturdays. Can any on suggest alternatives near by. We are open to b and bs, lodges, cabins, etc. but don't want to get stuck with "cleaning fees", and lots of rules. We are planning to go the end of Jan, beginning of Feb.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday River Lodging

The Norseman out on the highway is clean, dependable, standard motel style lodging.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday River Lodging

Hi newenglandweaver,

I'm wondering what agency or accomodations you contacted that mentioned cleaning fees? I used to stay at Sunday River all the time. In fact we formerly owned a condo there and used to rent it out through the resort.

Before then, we rented different units, and stayed at the Bethel Inn once nearby. I never remember paying cleaning fees or having any kind of restrictions that would seriously ruin a good time.

In any case, try www.sundayriver.com and see what you come up with. There are several types of accomodations offered and I'm sure you'd fine one that's right for you.

However, if you can rent something right on a trail, that's even better. Nothing like ski in/out and not having to find parking, and then lugging all the equipment back and forth. The Summit or the Jordan Grand are ideal locations. But so are numerous other condo units and Inns in the same location. Shop around and I'm sure you'll find something right for you :).

Worse comes to worse, you could check out the Bethel Inn. It's about a 10 minute drive to Sunday River and is a lovely old Inn right in town where you can walk to everything.

Good luck and let us know how things work out :).

cozyharbor

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday River Lodging

Hi and thanks for the suggestions, I did try Sunday River and they are the ones that won't check people in or out on Saturday. We have stayed at the Sudbury before and that was very nice, but we were hoping to be closer to the mountain. Will keep checking.

4. Re: Sunday River Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 27, 2009