We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colonial Inn or Gorges Grant in Ogunquit?

OKC
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Colonial Inn or Gorges Grant in Ogunquit?

We're making a last minute trip to Ogunquit this weekend. Gorges Grant looks nicer, but is on Rt. 1. Colonial Inn seems to have a better location, and has continental breakfast.

Any input? I've read the reviews, but still can't decide.

Thanks,

H

New England
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Colonial Inn or Gorges Grant in Ogunquit?

We have stayed at the Colonial Inn. The inn is older, the room we had was very small and dated but not unpleasant and if I remember right the ceiling was low which DH was a little uncomfortable with as he is tall. I guess it just was not up to date like we are used to. However, the location is perfect for a walk to Perkins Cove, downtown, marginal way.

OKC
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Colonial Inn or Gorges Grant in Ogunquit?

Thanks, weekend. I actually had the Gorges Grant reserved but cancelled it today in favor of the Colonial Inn. I just had a bad feeling about being on the main highway. The Colonial looks like a much shorter walk to town and restaurants. Did you walk to Perkins Cove from there? Do you remember what type of room you had? They had three types available when I called -- a room, a studio and a suite with a balcony. I opted for the suite since it was still cheaper than the room at Gorges Grant.

Did you take advantage of the continental breakfast? Also, what side of Shore Rd. is it on -- the side toward the ocean or the side away? The directions on the web site weren't clear on that.

Thanks again for your comments.

H

New England
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Colonial Inn or Gorges Grant in Ogunquit?

The Colonial Inn is on the ocean side but it is not right on the ocean.

We walked everywhere from there. That's why we like Ogunquit so much. We park the car and walk (not hard to do in Ogunquit).

Our room was just a standard room which was small. The decor was cottage like. We did sit out on the verandah which is along the whole side of the building. Sorry, I don't even remember the breakfast. We probably skipped it.

4. Re: Colonial Inn or Gorges Grant in Ogunquit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 24, 2009