We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping trip from PA to Maine

Allentown...
1 post
Save Topic
Camping trip from PA to Maine

My husband and friends are planing a week camping trip from PA to Portland Maine the last week of June. We are planning to stop In Mystic seaport, Conn. (staying at Strawberry Park campground) on the way to Maine and Catskill Mountains NY on the way back to PA. I am searching for any sightseeing suggestions and restuarants to visit. We have our time in Conn. Pretty much planed out. We need suggestions for Maine (staying at Wells Beach campground) and places to have great lobster. Also sightseeing suggestions in NY(staying at Woodridge campground).

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,820 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping trip from PA to Maine

Wells Beach will leave you nicely located for numerous day and part-day trips... among those I would suggest would be (Note: almost all can be Googled for more info, driving directions, etc.)::

-- The Nubble Lighthouse in York, ME

-- York Beach

-- Ogunquit Playhouse (great summer theater)

-- Perkin's Cove and Marginal Way oceanside walk in Ogunquit

-- Seashore Trolley Museum in Kennebunk

-- Dock Square and Ocean Avenue in Kennebunkport

-- Old Orchard Beach -- old-fashioned amusement rides and pier

-- Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge

In-and-near Portland --

-- Portland Head Light Lighthouse in Cape Elizabeth (a definite "must do")

-- Two Lights Lobster in Cape Elizabeth (just down the road from the lighthouse)

-- Casco Bay Lines ferry to a Portland harbor island -- walk, lunch, enjoy the scenery

-- Maine Audobon Society's Gilsland Farm in Falmouth

-- L.L. Bean flagship store and campus in Freeport

-- Wolf's Neck State Park in Freeport

And just slightly further afield:

-- Bradbury Mountain State Park in Pownal, ME

-- Maine Wildlife Park in Gray, ME

-- Willowbrook Historical Village in Newfield, ME

And just over the border in New Hampshire:

-- Strawberry Banke historic district in Portsmouth, NH

-- Boat to Isle of Shoals (leaves from Portsmouth)

2. Re: Camping trip from PA to Maine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, January 21, 2015