We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need some help planning a trip!

Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
need some help planning a trip!

We are tentatively flying into Manchester, NH--cheapest rates from Ohio. We can spend 5-7 days on this trip. We are thinking of driving first to Bar Harbor, doing a day trip to Nova Scotia, then working our way down to Acadia National Park and then on to Portland. We would return to Manchester from the Portland area.

I realize we could spend two weeks and not see everything, but that is true of any location--our neighbors saw more of Aruba last year on a one day cruise stop than we did our whole time there--we never left the beach and our palapa! Back to my concerns--does this plan seem like it would work--as I said our time is flexible.

6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need some help planning a trip!

Depending on what time your flight arrives in Manchester, you ay find that stopping over in Freeport, Maine is a good deal. Lots of great places to stay, fun shopping and great dining. It will take you about 3-4 hours from there to get to Bar Harbor.

From Bar Harbor, you can take the CAT to Nova Scotia. At the information center in Yarmouth you can decide what 'tour' route you would like to take.

Definitely plan to spend time in Acadia. It is beautiful there. Very much what coastal Maine is all about!

Have fun! Maine is a great place to visit.

2. Re: need some help planning a trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 12, 2009