We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New england in Two weeks

Dallas, Texas
6 posts
Save Topic
New england in Two weeks

We planned to be in a 10 day Vacation in new england area. We have two boys ages 12 and 5. We plan to have a relaxed vacation. Preferably staying in two or three places and do day trips from there. I would like the know the best places to stay do this kind of trip.

Dallas, Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New england in Two weeks

We planned to be there in the middle of June to end of June.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,658 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New england in Two weeks

Okay -- plenty of folks here to help -- but we need to know a bit more about what kind of vacation you're looking for.... on the ocean, on a lake, inland mountains, near small cities with organized amusement parks or more rural areas where the fun may be more of the make-it-yourself variety, walks and easy hikes or just kicking back,... And what kinds of things do the kids like to do -- active outdoor types or museums and natural history....

All of the above are here.....but there's little sense in our making specific recommendations without knowing a little more about your preferences and expectations.... Otherwise there's a strong chance we'll end up suggesting things of little to no interest to you and your family....

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
3 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New england in Two weeks

As a Maine native, I can tell you that 'relaxed' in some parts of Maine means comatose....you can get way out in the boondocks here with nothing to do but sit around and swat flies. I'm guessing that's not quite what you had in mind,so I'm going to make some suggestions.

Burlington, VT--on Lake Champlain. Yet close to a small city-vibe.

North Conway, NH--busy in town, but you can rent a condo and hike to your heart's content along the Appalachian trail and other areas. Swimming nearby in the Saco River or local lakes/state parks.

Wells or York Beach, ME--Maine's best beaches. Not far from outlet shopping and a huge waterpark in Portsmouth, NH.

A bit more relaxed? Rangely Lakes, Maine. Resort area a bit more out of the way. Great fishing.

Sebago Lake, ME. You can rent camps at Point Sebago, and you're centrally loated between the mountains and the ocean. There's also golf and activities for the kids.

Hope you enjoy your vacation!

4. Re: New england in Two weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 30, 2014