We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleigh ride - with dinner!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sleigh ride - with dinner!

I have found plenty of sleigh rides but am looking for something with dinner.

My husband claims to have gone on a sleigh ride out into the snow where they had dinner and bond fire etc somewhere in the New England area when he was a kid (yet no one in his family seems to remember this =)

I have spent hours searching and cant find anything like this! I am determined to figure this out, help!

Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleigh ride - with dinner!

I would think if you booked a private ride, this is doable, just bring a sandwich (or any other precooked spread). not sure about the bonfire, tends to melt the snow!!

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleigh ride - with dinner!

Thought what you describe sounded vaguely familiar so did some hunting around -- found the following listing for sleigh ride - bonfire - and hot cocoa (but no dinner) ... could possibly have offered dinner at some time in the past, but apparently no longer....

bearmtninn.com/packages_events_sleighride.ht…

Oops -- also found this one... sleight ride - bonfire - and hot dogs! (Guess it might depend on how you define "dinner"...)

www.meadow-creek-farm.com/sleighrides.shtml

Edited: 12:12 am, January 10, 2013
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleigh ride - with dinner!

I have found many places that offer a sleigh ride but only one that offers a dinner - it actually sounds pretty cool, its a sleigh ride out into the wilderness and dinner in a yurt (tent) but its really pricey!

So Im trying to find something else =)

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sleigh ride - with dinner!

If you look on the Bethel Inn's site, there is a picture of a sleigh ride (in the slide show). So I think it's worth a call.

Bethelinn.com

Skowhegan, Maine
Level Contributor
66 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sleigh ride - with dinner!

Jackson, NH has them at several places I think.

6. Re: Sleigh ride - with dinner!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 21, 2014