We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hearts of Maine Website?

Midwest
5 posts
Save Topic
Hearts of Maine Website?

Does any one have any experience with this site and a rental property from them?

http://www.heartsofmaine.com

Thank you in advance!!

Andover...
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hearts of Maine Website?

Yes - and it's all been positive - my wife and I have rented cottages through Greg and Sue for 12 years and have had nothing but positive interactions with them. They are very responsive to client needs, fairly and honestly represent their properties, and have a wide variety of offerings for different tastes and budgets.

Rentals have been clean, well stocked, and as described. Greg and Sue live locally and are well versed in local attractions and offerings. I heartily recommend them.

rad

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
63 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hearts of Maine Website?

We have just rented a place from them, and we are heading to our vacation home in 2 weeks!! The owner Sue Burr is wonderful to deal with...very informative and easy to work with. Since we haven't been to the rental yet...I can't comment. But the transaction of renting was a breeze. MUCH better than HomeAway.com!!

Huntsville, Alabama
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hearts of Maine Website?

We have rented through Sue Burr for the last 4 years. We have no complaints at all. The homes have been exactly as stated, clean, well stocked and super. Any questions we have had before hand been addressed quickly, and Sue has been a wonderful resource when we have had any questions while in Maine. This is a website you can use with confidence.

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hearts of Maine Website?

Yes, I rented from them 2004, great company. Amy Goodwin

Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hearts of Maine Website?

We've been dealing with the Burrs twice. The first time was good and smooth. The second time was terrible because one of our rental properties ran into problems. It was a property managed by the Burrs. The place was unclean with spider net in the shelves where the dishes were displaced. It had an appearance of not being occupied for quite a while. The property was not what was described. The telephone was out of service, and we cannot get any cellphone signal.

We used the email to contact the Burrs and got no response. Instead Sue chose to leave message in our cellphone knowing that we did not have cell signal to receive her phone calls (If we could receive her calls into our cell, we would not ask her to fix the house phone in the first place). Then we lost internet service at that house. We had no choice but left the house. We asked refund for the remaining portion, and got no response.

Our experience was the Burrs were more interested in the transaction than the service. If there is any problem with the rental property, the Burrs are intentionally not responsive at best.

Highland Lakes, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hearts of Maine Website?

I know this is old, but we have rented from Hearts of Maine, and are renting the Acadia Beach House this summer as well. I have gone back and forth with Sue for rental info, but also for many other things not related to their rentals. I have always received fast replies, with answers to any questions, and we have found them to be more than helpful. Friends have used them as well for different properties, and they had great things to say as well.

Lubec
Level Contributor
20 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hearts of Maine Website?

We rented a home for two weeks in August 2013. The place went above and beyond our expectation. The pictures did not even do the home justice. Sue and the caretakers were very helpful. We hope do rent from them again summer 2014.

n.h.
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hearts of Maine Website?

My husband and I have rented various vacation properties from the Hearts Of Maine for well over 10 years and we have nothing but positive things to say on their behalf. Their website is very detailed with extensive photographs and an accurate description of each of the properties as well as a comparison chart so you can compare the amenities of all of their listings.

Sue is always available for any questions you might have and has always been prompt and thorough with her responses. We have found all of the properties we have rented from them to be very clean upon arrival, well stocked with supplies and even including a list of attractions and maps as well as suggestions for trips to take in the area, possible location for eagle sightings, etc - everything you need to have a great vacation.

While you are renting there is a property manager to help you with any questions or issues that might arise. On one occasion our car got stuck in a ditch a few miles from where we were staying and we called our property manager who was available to assist us and give us the assurance and comfort we needed.

We are renting from the Hearts of Maine again this summer and highly recommend them.

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hearts of Maine Website?

Has anyone ever rented the lakeside cottage with Hearts of Maine ? I am looking to maybe rent it for this summer but the bad comments I've just read on this page are making me reconsider...

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hearts of Maine Website?

Christina -- You may get better, and more current, information if you start a new thread for your question.... Not a lot of folks will look at a question added to the bottom of a post that started in 2011....

If you're not sure how to do that, respond here and someone can walk you through it.