We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Maine

tgs
baton rouge
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Maine

Flying into Manchester on 9/3. I plan on seeing Rockport and making my way to Bar Harbor. I was going to take the ferry w/ vehicle over to Nova Scotia for 2 nights but the ferry will be about $500.00 round trip. I am trying to decide if it is worth it or should I just stay around the Maine coastline. I will be flying out of Manchester on 9/10. Do any of you have any opinions on this. Any help would be appreciated.

Searsport, on the...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Maine

Taking the ferry to Nova Scotia for just 2 days is really pushing it. The ferry to NovaScotia from Bar Harbor takes you into Yarmouth which is not particularly scenic. There is so much to see in Maine, right on the coast and even going inland a bit. Searsport would put you in the perfect location for day trips to Bar harbor, Acadia, Blue Hill Peninsula, Schoodic Point, Roakland, Camden and, if you want to go to Canada you can drive to St. Andrews, New Brunswick for the day.

tgs
baton rouge
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Maine

Thanks for the help!!

Searsport, on the...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews