We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penobscot Narrows Observatory

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
462 posts
29 reviews
Penobscot Narrows Observatory

As always I was longing to be in Maine again, having a hard time waiting for September. So I got out some of my recent Down East Magazines to see what new places I could possibly visit this year. We had stopped last year to go to the top of the Observatory ,but my sister,with her asthma and bad knee didn't think she could make the trek to get there. So I think I'll try it myself this year!!

The April issue had a wonderful article and some absolutely gorgeous photography by our own TA member Michele S. Beautiful work Michele!!! You have made me really want to get to the TOP!!!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,946 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Penobscot Narrows Observatory

By all means, go there. The observatory is worth the trip; the fort and grounds also are very nice.

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
857 posts
155 reviews
2. Re: Penobscot Narrows Observatory

Hi traveltoo,

I agree, go. The views from the observatory are wonderful. Do check out the fort while you are there. We were glad we did.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
89 posts
188 reviews
3. Re: Penobscot Narrows Observatory

I have to agree that it is well worth it. We went to the top last August on a very clear day and the view was spectacular. Hope you get there!

4. Re: Penobscot Narrows Observatory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, October 03, 2009