We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a very scenic KAYAK river trip.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a very scenic KAYAK river trip.

Hi there! My family and I are looking for another place to go kayaking. We have done a lake and a couple rivers. We have 2 sons ages 8 an 10 who are very strong and able to maneuver kayak fairly well. My husband and I take our canoe. We love to go on rivers so that the kids can get out and play in the water at times and kind of go with the flow a little bit as well. Looking for great scenic rivers around Kentucky or Indiana. Thanks so much for any inspirations for our future trips from your experiences! Nothing dangerous for the kids even though they're strong, I don't want any drop offs or exxxtreme rocky white water rushes! :) Maybe a little bit. I can't be too much of a kill joy. :D

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a very scenic KAYAK river trip.

Contact Sheltowee Trace Outfitters near Cumberland Falls. They service the Big South Fork area as well as others. They can advise.

There are also some around Falmouth.

Elkhorn Creek around Lexington is another possibility. Ky. DNR has a list of creeks that would work - enter "Ky. Creeks".

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a very scenic KAYAK river trip.

You might want to access Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife via this link - will give you any and every creek in the state: https://fw.ky.gov/Fish/Pages/default.aspx

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
33 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a very scenic KAYAK river trip.

Have you checked the places mentioned on the Kentucky Tourism page yet? I have heard Big Buffalo Crossing Canoe and Kayak is nice (Munfordville, KY). kentuckytourism.com/outdoor-adventure/water-…

4. Re: Looking for a very scenic KAYAK river trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 25, 2018