We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington DC to Kansas City

Brunei Darussalam
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Washington DC to Kansas City

Hi,

My family and I (husband and 2 kids aged 2 + 4 yrs) are making the drive from DC to Kansas City. What I am trying to work out is whether to do it in 2 nights or 3? If 2, do we try to make our way to Indianapolis and then St Louis? Or if we go 3 then do we go Columbus or Cincinnati and then Indianpolis and St Louis? Help me? We also have to make the trip back and then where do we go to get home?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Washington DC to Kansas City

You also may try the Road Trips forum for this.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

It's app 1100 miles so you could do the drive in 2 days also but it's recommended to do it at a more leisurely pace.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,785 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Washington DC to Kansas City

I don't know how well we can answer that for you. That is a distance that I would do in two days, unless the point of the trip was what I did along the way.

I would do the Indianapolis route.

3. Re: Washington DC to Kansas City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 am, June 21, 2013