We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is in Kansas tonight

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,993 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is in Kansas tonight

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is in Kansas tonight: RJ's Bob-Be-Que, Johnny's Hickory House Bar-B-Q and Woodyard Bar-B-Que in Johnson County and Smokin' Guns BBQ in Kansas City, Missouri

I have dined at all four of them. RJ's is my favorite.

I give Woodyard points for being a dive, but their meat is too smokey for my taste. Hours later, my mouth still has an unpleasant flavor, as if I had been chewing on charcoal.

I have reviews of two of the restaurants http://www.kansastravel.org/rjsbbqshack.htm www.kansastravel.org/olathe/johnnysbbq.htm (Olathe location, not the original which is visited tonight)

Mentioned in this post
Olathe
Olathe
Kansas
Woodyard Bar-B-Que
Woodyard Bar-B-Que
328 Reviews
Kansas City, KS
Smokin' Guns BBQ
Smokin' Guns BBQ
267 Reviews
Kansas City, MO
Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,518 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is in Kansas tonight

He was in Topeka last year and filmed at Bobo's Drive-in (10th and MacVicar) if you're ever wanting to try it. I think it was on the show about 8-10 weekd after they were here filming, and I wasn't home that night so never did see it.

Mentioned in this post
Topeka
Topeka
Kansas
Bobo's Drive-In
Bobo's Drive-In
179 Reviews
Topeka, KS
Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,993 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is in Kansas tonight

I've been to Bobo's and have a page about it.

I like finding places before his team does:-)

We did a watch party Monday night with food from two of the restaurants on the show.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,518 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is in Kansas tonight

I had no idea he was going to be in the KC area...glad the producers saw some potential here in the midwest to do 2 filmings in the area :)

Kansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,993 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is in Kansas tonight

The show has had other Kansas places. The ones that I know are Cafe on the Route in Baxter Springs and BBQ Shack in Paola.

I have never seen either episode, but always know when the Route 66 episode runs because the visits to my review of that place spike.

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is in Kansas tonight

He was at Brint's Diner here in Wichita a few years ago. Three or four maybe?

Mentioned in this post
Wichita
Wichita
Kansas
6. Re: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is in Kansas tonight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 12, 2011