We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AmericInn or Boulder Inn in Newton

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
10 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
AmericInn or Boulder Inn in Newton

Has anyone stayed at both the AmericInn and the Boulder Inn in Newton? Which one is better?

Mentioned in this post
AmericInn Ames
AmericInn Ames
295 Reviews
Ames, IA
Boulder
Boulder
Colorado
USA
Level Contributor
7,088 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AmericInn or Boulder Inn in Newton

Welcome to the forum, BruceH_HydePark!

The TripAdvisor Iowa forum is little visited. I doubt you will find anyone who has stayed at both the AmericInn and Boulders Inn and contributes to this forum. I can only suggest that you check the TripAdvisor reviews. I do not know why Boulders is listed on TripAdvisor as a B&B, it looks like a normal US motel.

The Newton AmericInn looks better than what I remember of the chain. If I had to choose one motel and the prices were similar, I would stay at Boulders. Boulders is part of a small Iowa chain, is newer (if reviews can be believed) and does not allow pets. AmericInn has an indoor pool and allows pets.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g38228-d1200647…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g38228-d4578681…

Mentioned in this post
AmericInn Ames
AmericInn Ames
295 Reviews
Ames, IA
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
10 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AmericInn or Boulder Inn in Newton

Thanks!

3. Re: AmericInn or Boulder Inn in Newton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, May 02, 2015