We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conner Prairie or Carillion Historic Park

Ladera ranch, calif
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Conner Prairie or Carillion Historic Park

If we have time to visit one site, which is more interesting and fun for family of four with two teens.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conner Prairie or Carillion Historic Park

Seems to me like you're (somewhat) comparing apples to oranges.

I confess I don't really know much about Carillon Park, but a quick check on the web leads me to believe this is much more of a traditional museum sort of venue (not that that is bad). On the other hand, when I think of Conner Prairie, I think of it as more of a living/interactive "museum" rather than a traditional museum.

Similarly, based on what I know it appears that Conner Prairie is more generic in that it covers a period of history (although certainly with an Indiana "flavor"); whereas Carillon seems to be more focused on history in the context of the Dayton area.

Beyond those observations, I'd to say the interests of your family/children would likely have an impact on which one would be more enjoyable.

That's my $.02,

hlo

Mentioned in this post
Dayton
Dayton
Indiana
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Conner Prairie or Carillion Historic Park

Conner prairie's outside stuff won't be open again until end of march, beginning of April. but once open there really is something for everyone. big developments in science as well as history...

3. Re: Conner Prairie or Carillion Historic Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 12, 2014