We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campground with lake front sites

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
489 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Campground with lake front sites

Do you know of any campgrounds that have lake front sites? We camp in a 40 foot RV. We bring our grandchildren and it nice if we don't have to go to far to reach the water. Thanks!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campground with lake front sites

Off the top of my head, the only places I can think of are some State "areas" (generic term, not a term of art). Paynetown (on Lake Monroe) and Starve Hollow Lake (State Park or Forest?) immediately come to mind. Beyond that, I can't be much help as I don't do RV "camping."

It should be fairly easy to check out the various state parks, forests, recreation areas, etc. and find those that have RV sites/hookups, you can then check the maps to see how close/far the sites are from the associated water. This information can be found on the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (INDR) website. 99% certain you can download a PDF guide which might be more convenient.

With luck, others will chime in with specific suggestions, but I thought something would be better than nothing.

Hope it helps,

hlo

2. Re: Campground with lake front sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 21, 2013