We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping Near Turkey Run / Sugar Creek

Auburn, Illinois
Level Contributor
96 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Camping Near Turkey Run / Sugar Creek

Hi all-

We are considering canoeing/camping near Turkey Run for Labor Day. While Turkey Run SP is booked, there are other campgrounds in the area that are available.

We are tent-camping, and there are four adults age 30s.

Any thoughts on Shades SP camping (no electric hookup), Crawfordsville KOA campground, or Sugar Creek Campground? Or any other suggestions that I might have missed? I saw that Clements Canoes has campsites also, but they mention zero cell service... which is kind of a deal-breaker for me as I'm leaving a 3 year old at home with grandma.

Any information you've got, or recommendations, I'll happily take!

Thanks in advance!

Tina

noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
617 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping Near Turkey Run / Sugar Creek

Shades State Park's campground is very nice. Better than Turkey Run. Not sure about cell service there though.

SB2

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping Near Turkey Run / Sugar Creek

I like Shades SP as well. It is a beautiful place to camp.

I know there is cell phone reception by the big Shades Park sign, but that's outside of the park. I also know that we didn't have cell service on one of the hiking trails, but I don't know about reception at the campsites.

3. Re: Camping Near Turkey Run / Sugar Creek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 25, 2010